Some quick notes (more to come) from Helene Blowers very interesting presentation From Core Competencies to Learning 2.0(pdf):
Core Competencies Programmes are past-oriented: they’re are about what we already know
Learning 2.0 is about now and the future: what there is now and we’re expecting in the future
8 good advices:
– Don’t confuse learning with training (Training is the delivery of knowledge, it doesn’t necessarily mean that staff will learn from it!)
– Build the program for late-bloomers
– Allow participants to blog anonymously
– Communicate weekly using 1.0 methods
– Focus on discovery & encourage challenges
– Encourage staff to use each other & work
– Remember that it’s not about acceptance or
doing it right. It’s about exposure.
– Practice transparency & radical trust
& continually encourage staff to play!!!!!